Thursday 29 September 2016

Day 273 2016: Keep the wheels turning...

Day 273: ...keep the minds ticking over

Teaching is an interesting profession. Like most other jobs, it has its highs and lows. It has its moments when you think 'remind me why I do this?' and moments when, conversely, you don't need any reminding. 

Today was two parts the former, three parts the latter. How do we get students to talk about politics? It's a challenge...

Not to mention today's added extra highlight: my turn to present a research seminar, in front of my peers and new colleagues...as these things go, they never go quite the way you imagine them beforehand but there you go...even as professional educators, we're always learning new ways to do things, new ways to keep on going. 

So between class prep and presentation prep, there wasn't a lot of time for much else.

The sun caught my eye on the warehouse roof in an interesting way...

Reflected light 

...briefly. 

And then, as I departed the campus in the evening, it was reassuring to see that regardless of the events of the day, that big wheel...

Colouring in

Fade out

Fade in

It just keeps going

...it just keeps spinning around. There's something in that for all of us.

I think. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.15pm, 6.49pm; 29 September 2016]