Thursday 22 September 2016

Day 266 2016: We shall not, we shall not...

Day 266: ...be moved, rain, hail

...or rain. Yes, another rainy start to the day. A special day here in Japan, it is actually a public holiday for the autumnal equinox, a public holiday except at my institution...*

(*to be fair, my workplace does group together all the holidays in a non-teaching period, so we do get them, eventually.)

And given today's first class wasn't scheduled until the afternoon, I wasn't in too much of a hurry to get out the door. 

Which is just as well. Our two pigeons from a few (rainy) posts ago, re-appeared outside the window this morning. In spite of a concerted effort by one of the members of the household to offer a few crumbs, our pigeons simply weren't prepared to move. Rain, hail, or more rain. 

That results in just one thing...photos.

Let no raindrops bother me

Let them fall

A sideways move

The rain offered some other interesting views on the day too. 

Today's bus stop highlight, with actual highlights

An empty port*
*not a euphemism for a Queensland suitcase

That was it for the port for the day...(no filter, room with a view)

Indeed, apart from going to my class, I was hardly inclined to move either thanks to the rain, not even to go out for lunch. Suddenly, I kind of understood the pigeons' perspective. 

I'll have to think about that for a while...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 8.51am-8.52am,11.20am, 12.22pm; iPhone 6s, 9.01am; 22 September 2016]

#There are just one hundred days left in this year, for the project...if I've managed to keep the correct numbers ticking over.