Saturday 10 September 2016

Day 253 2016: An Autumn day thinking summer is still here...

Day 253: ...and then there were witches hats

As night follows day, or day follows night, so autumn should follow summer, certainly by now. But we're still waiting. With the typhoon further up and out past the archipelago, it was back to 33 deg, which I don't mind, it is just the 90% humidity that makes the walk to work, well, dampish.

And then I see perfect blue skies and cheerful clouds...

A few clouds on the horizon

...and interesting patterns in reflections...


And in reflection

And, well, make of that what you will

And I get on with the work of the day until 'I spy' a change in the outdoor furniture...


Something's up...


And it turns out, some hardy fools people like to run in something called the Tokyo Bay Area Night Run...


Wheel as backdrop

As they run...

And run...

...which I gather the organisers anticipated a coolish evening temperature of around 20 deg by now, not the fog of humidity I had to walk back home in tonight. 

Good luck to them, I can only admire (and photograph) their enthusiasm.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.18pm, 1.32pm-1.33pm, 4.04pm, 7.44pm-7.45pm; 9 September 2016]