Wednesday 7 September 2016

Day 251 2016: It wasn't meant to be like this...

Day 251: ...but then, I couldn't help myself 

I know the 'rules' that govern the #project365/6 game demand 'serendipity' over 'planning', 'spontaneity' over 'commonplace'. Well, they are my rules anyway. But this morning on the way to work, I was thinking that I might walk to the other station on the way home, to capture the wheel and the 'fun' end of the Ariake/Odaiba precinct. (*Yes, dear reader, well may you ask why I was thinking of the route home before even getting off the train to work...I have no answer except that I have a lot of time to read and think on the train trip.*)

Anyway, as is sometimes the way of these things, it all started with a reasonably-sized quake shake around 1.30pm which drew my attention towards the port for pretty much the rest of the day.

And I'm sort of glad it did. Clear of the concern of possible tsunami, and following on from yesterday's shipping manoeuvres in the light, in came the largest of ships I've seen in our neck of the docks in a while. 

Would it reverse in? Would it 'chuck a u-ey' in that great way of the Australian vernacular?

It had a big green guide. So...what happened?

A bit bigger than our usual visitors...

...a bit of a nudge

...and anchor away...

A further nudge

A few ropes, and we're done


So there it was. OK, not the spectacular it might have been, but another way in which the work of the port keeps ticking over and over. 

And then I was there for the moment the sun began to set and bridge lights came on...


Sunset clouds portside

Berthed and bridged

Lights on...

Lights up

...and turned blue. I had to picture that. That was unplanned and so I couldn't help myself.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.48pm-4.54pm, 5.59pm, 6.15pm-6.16pm; 7 September 2016]