Wednesday 31 January 2018

Day 24/365: After the snow...

...more snow?

So unlike flooding rains, where the water goes away almost as quickly as it came, snow stays, or at least we have to wait until it melts. Trouble is you need warmth to melt the snow and while there was quite a bit of sun around this morning, it wasn't really penetrating very far. 

The buses are still running to their own time, rather than the timetable as such, but then, I don't blame them. Looking at the state of some of the roads out there, I very much doubt I'd have the courage to drive a car, much less a bus full of passengers. I'm just grateful for all the public transport workers out there today. They got me to work at least...

At the bus stop: no, snow and bamboo don't go together in my mind either

I now look to the clouds and wonder, moar snow?

Still here

Tunnel to ...?


...where the scenes were pretty much like they always are. 

Even the snow on the streets at night is a bit of a sight to see for this snow novice. 

[Camera : iPhone6s, 11.21am, 9.58pm-9.59pm; Canon EOS M5, 3.51pm; 24 January 2018]