Wednesday 31 January 2018

Day 26/365: Winding down...

...the end approaches

It seems strange to be saying the end of the academic year is nigh, when we are in the first month of the calendar year. But that is how it is. The Japanese academic year begins in April, finishes in March. So while I say the end is nigh, I really mean we are coming to the end of scheduled classes. They finish next Tuesday. Admin, in their wisdom, then give us one week to get all the marking and grades finalised. One week. I will have over 200 grades to consider, 170 2000 character (Japanese words) reports to assess, attendances, reviews, essays etc. One week. 

I don't think that leaves me much time, for much. But I will try my best. 

They've forgotten the roof

It's not going anywhere fast

Fenced in

How low can it go?


I didn't get very far today either. And at minus three, heading even lower...it feels like the end is nigh. 

[Camera : Canon EOS M5, 4.51pm-4.53pm, iPhone6s, 7.50pm; 26 January 2018]