Wednesday 31 January 2018

Day 30/365: Done and dusted...

...almost

Last class today, one that has been a bit tricky all year. Should have had about 20 students to make it work but was over-subscribed by a factor of three plus. But, we've made, we're here and now it is just the marking.

But not today. This afternoon I had to head off to one of my research groups, the institute headed by former prime minister Hatoyama who was set to give the opening lecture for the year. That meant leaving a little earlier than usual to make it in time and that also meant that for two days in a row, I could keep that promise to self to get out of the office to take a few pics...and so glad I did...

Tired little camellia (I know the feeling)

Early bloomers 

But wait, there's more

Bunches

Bloomin'

Loner

Everywhere


...we might still be having subzero temps, there might still be snow on the ground (and in the forecasts ahead) but I discovered some early bloomers on the way to the train station today. Plum blossoms most likely, it happens every year. These early bloomers. I might discover them. I am not one of them.

[Camera : Canon EOS M5, 3.57pm-4.00pm; 30 January 2018]