Friday 13 April 2018

Day 101/365: Cloudy...

...with a few spots of rain

There might be a little bit of rain in the foothills, they said. Not much, light. The foothills. I work in the opposite direction, the bay. No-one said anything about rain near the bay. I didn't take my brolly because my bag was full of books. They got one thing right, well two things. It was light. And it didn't last long. Just the amount of time it takes to walk from the train station to the office. Not enough to be drenched but just enough to feel like I showered in my clothes. 

Lesson? Pack umbrella, carry fewer books. 

Classes formally started today, though my first one isn't until tomorrow. The campus is busy again with the students finding their place in the hierarchy: last year's third years are this year's seniors, last year's first years are this year's second years and are busy exploring the new campus (they spend much of their first year out at the other campus). Last year's second years? Well, they're the awkward  middle kids. 



Red

Light/rain

Steaming through

Cloudy

Fly by


The weather cleared up by the end of the day. The campus was at full operation and we are underway again for another thirty-two weeks of teaching, learning, laughing and the occasional frustration. Just occasional. Really.

3, 2, 1...go.

[Camera : Canon EOS M5, 10.57am, 3.44pm-3.48pm; 11 April 2018]