Wednesday 5 January 2022

A bit of a catch-up kind of day...

 ...don't want to overdo it. (5/365, 5 Jan 2022)

I am presently in that nice state of play where I can have vague plans for the day, and if they don't happen, it is OK. Different when I have timetabled classes, and meetings and things that must be done. That returns next week. I have just a few of these vague-ish days left.

I did think about a few possibilities for today, in keeping with the start of the year, but I had a few chores to attend to as well so opted for the latter, without any added pressures. I did note yesterday that somedays there might only be one or two pics. 

Well, that's today. As much as I'd like to think I'm 'on holidays', reality in this job is that's never really the case. I had an early reminder this morning via email about a paper due in three weeks, and students worried about dissertations (why was I looking at email you say? well, yes, there's my point). And to be honest, I had started thinking about this article yesterday, on the way home on the train, so...

Already, I feel I would welcome retirement at the end of this academic year (March, here). 

So it was a day of combing some recent newspaper articles as the article begins to take shape. After lunch I had to visit the chemist, post a couple of things, do a bit of shopping etc. After yesterday's comparative marathon, today I managed just 3000 steps. 

A very average day really. And dear reader, be warned, there will be a few of those ahead. 

All neighbourhoods are dotted with small shrines, for all sorts of things. 
This one apparently marks the remains of some battle horses,
commemorating a battle some 500 years ago.

Noted, on the way home, a touch of twilight

Tonight's dinner, preparing for tomorrow's cold (and snow)


See, rather ordinary. 

We are anticipating snow tomorrow. If it happens, I promise, nay, hope to get some very 'I'm a Queenslander, I can't believe it is snowing' pics for you. 

Until then.

Today's pix snapped on the iPhone 12 mini. Didn't even take out the bigger cams.