Sunday 23 January 2022

Reasons to be indoors...

 ...several, really (23/365, 23 Jan 2022)

The writing noted in yesterday's post continues today. We are almost there. Almost. Deadline is tomorrow so there is still some time to trim the edges, smooth the bumps. It is also a day to show that as much as I would like to, I can't always go out on a day trip to somewhere, even if the semester is drawing to a close. Yes, there is always marking and grading (I won't be sad to give up that part of the work), but writing demands like this can force your hand. 

And to be honest, it was rather overcast and cloudy (talk of snow a possibility a bit later this evening) and with Covid numbers increasing in Tokyo (just under 10,000 today), it helps to be a little cautious. 

Or, so I told myself as I sat down at the desk this morning. 

And that is all well and good, except when you are doing a 'photo-a-day' project like this one. With return to Australia a possibility this year, I do hope to get out to places I haven't been yet. But not today. So what does the project look like on a work at home day? Well, it looks like this...

Looking at the results of the 2021 election

The papers pile up

Pause

Women as leaders 

I know what you are thinking but despite appearances
these are macadamia nuts and strawberries, really


Research materials, manuscript drafts, healthy snacks to keep going, and occasional pauses to smell the er, flowers. (I think they are almost done.)

Sometimes, the days are very ordinary, and yet...we should always find something to note, even the snacks. 

Today's cam was the hardworking iPhone 12 mini.

Now, back to the writing, 15 hours to deadline.