Thursday 20 January 2022

Would you fly to the moon...

 ...or just take photos? (19/365, 19 Jan 2022)

Yes, a bit of a catch-up. Crunch time at work with classes, end of semester, final reports, thinking ahead to next semester (already). Late nights, early starts.

Anyway, enough with the excuses. No, I didn't get out for my walk today but I also knew in the back my mind, with a full moon around, well, that was always going to be the focus (amateur photographer's amateur pun...). I have been taking pics of the moon for well, a few years now and no, I'm not improving but I persist. 

I have also played lots of songs involving the moon in my various band incarnations--'Fly me to the Moon', 'Moon River', 'Moonlight Serenade', 'Walking on the Moon', 'Moonshadow'...how many songs about the moon...how many earworms have I triggered with this list?

With the moon setting over the 'burbs early this morning (around 6:20am) I figured this would be today's pic. (Narrator: As it turned out, it was.)

Early morning, 6:20am 

I did snap it last night when I got home too, closer to its 'full' phase, around 9:20pm, coincidence to take them almost exactly nine hours apart. What difference you notice? According to the experts, this month's full moon was the farthest from earth, compared with more recent moons. Fun fact, in Australia we see 'the man in the moon', in Japan, we see...a rabbit.

Last night's view, 9:20pm

I continue to be fascinated by it but would I ever fly there? Only on a saxophone solo. 

These pics taken with the main cam, Canon EOS 90D, the 100-400mm last night, the 70-300mm this morning.