Tuesday 11 January 2022

Back to campus...

...here comes a test (11/365, 11 Jan 2022)

So it was back to campus today, in the rain. As much as I enjoy commuting by train, I have to say, when it comes to early starts and rainy days, in winter, well, I'd rather stay in under the blanket.

No such luck today. Classes, meetings, pile of marking coming up. A joy. It will also be a test for this project over the next few weeks too. Can I get an interesting pic of the day from the confines of the office, or the campus, there and back? We'll see. 

For today, however, a sight familiar to those of you who see my social media feeds, but maybe new to newer readers. The view from my office. I have to say, without this view I might have quite easily returned to Australia much sooner! 😀 It is Tokyo, but perhaps not as you imagine it.

The ferris wheel you see here is coming down later this year so there are changes on the horizon, quite literally. I wonder if I'll be here to see them? By which I mean, the way Australia's case numbers are outpacing the rest of the world...it might be safer to stay here for now! And the bridge is where the smaller Olympic flame was situated for the duration of the Games. So there was a birds-eye view to one small part of the Games, even if we couldn't attend.



The view to the right

The view across the port



Rainbow staircase


Today's pics taken with the ever trusty iPhone 12 mini. It was just too wet, too cold and too tricky to take one of the other cams out for the day. Tomorrow is forecast to be fine, cold but fine. Let's see what happens.