Thursday 27 January 2022

It's a working port...

 ...and occasional distraction (27/365, 27 Jan 2022)

We have entered the 'busy' 'time is running out' end of marking season. Doesn't matter how many years, how many semesters, how many assignments one has marked...there is never enough time and what time there is, runs out quickly. Like...now.

So the thought of a mid-afternoon walk, as tempting as it might be, is time I should be marking. It is logic I suppose, but not as we know it. Luckily, there is a window in the office and the view, as I have previously posted, well, is distraction enough. 

And I am grateful that the view is a port (OK, I would prefer the ocean, the movement of waves, the surf but I digress). There is usually a lot going on, and some days it can be quite quiet. Covid does seem to have had an effect on movements I have to say. 




I've had this view for nearly six years now. There is always something. 

Today with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens just as the sun was beginning its descent on another day.