Sunday 9 January 2022

Just before work recommences...

 ...where to go? (9/365, 9 Jan 2022)

Well, I'm ready to declare I'm not really ready to go back to work, the back to campus, back to classes kind of work. I'd quite happily sit at home doing reading/writing work but yes, I feel the call of changes in life's course coming on. 

So today *looked* like another lovely bike ride kind of day. But I reckoned there was still some of that ice around (narrator: 'there was'). I thought of making a run for the coast, check the town where the surfing events for the Olympics were held (part research), but being the middle of a long weekend (Monday is 'Seijin no Hi', the day celebrated for all those turning twenty this year, officially adulthood. The age for several activities has recently been legislated at 18 but that's for another time) there would probably be a bit of a crowd. I looked at the map and spotted two 'places I should have been to but haven't made it yet', tossed a coin and found myself four stations and 40 minutes later at the Kadokawa Cultural Museum. So close and yet... as they say. Now I will say that today's main purpose was to photograph this building. I've seen it on Instagram and I'm just intrigued. I decided to leave the interior for another time figuring that, for reasons noted above, it would be pretty crowded inside (narrator: it was). Also, Tokyo is not immune from increasing Covid case numbers at present so I wasn't keen to be indoors for any length of time. 

Not to worry, plenty to see from outside, and it truly is an impressive building. 

On the approach








Reflection






Detail

Might be Mt Fuji

Forest creatures



Illuminating

Not the feature but interesting



I like reflections on the water, what can I say...



There is still some snow around




Dusking

Light bulbs and the forest creatures in the distance

I cannot help myself...



'Peace Head' Nara Yoshitomo, 2020

Oh, more reflecting

A bit intriguing

Pause, for refreshment 

Dusking

On leaving...

Across the road was the Musashino Woods project, an 'interesting' project to say the least. I was able to stop and rest at a small cafe, and for ages I was the only person there. Within about an hour though, 'crowded'. Oh well. It is Tokyo after all. (Narrator: Actually, not Tokyo, strictly speaking but Tokorozawa, next door in Saitama.)

Today's pics taken with the Canon EOS90D and the 24-105mm lens, I had the 50mm lens on hand as well just in case. A few pics were also taken with the trusty iPhone 12 mini. I'm looking forward to going back and spending time inside.

Tomorrow, a public holiday officially but I really should turn my attention to work.