Thursday 13 January 2022

It was bound to happen...

 ...but I will press on (13/365, 13 Jan 2022)

Yes, today, after promising yesterday that some part of the day was going to be for 'fresh air and walking' for this project, reality hit...not only were there classes but meetings went overtime (academics...always complaining, rarely constructive) and while I figured, well, I can't get day pics, I'll aim for twilight pics, even that intention was thwarted by a meeting not finishing until late, and then after-meetings meetings, (fellow academics will know what I mean) then emails, then... on it goes.

So what to do for today's pic? A conundrum.

My campus is located between two stations and out of habit I always return home, mostly, via the same one. I thought tonight if I was lucky, I could return home via the other station, a little further away but it takes me over the bridge (the one I can see from my office, the one where the Olympic flame was located) and maybe get the ferris wheel in full flashing colour. That was the plan. Unfortunately, it was even too late to get the colourful wheel...

Turns out, they turn off the main lights at 9:00, I was passing through a little later. During the State(s) of Emergency over the last two years, when we were all supposed to be home by 8:00pm and restaurants and bars were supposed to close at 8:00pm, the lights around town--the wheel, the bridges, the towers--all went out at that time, like a big public reminder. 

But the precinct at night is still interesting I suppose, and it was the first time I had walked over the bridge since the Olympics...so, home via the other station I went.

Hotel by night

Where once there was a flame...

Today's water pic...

Rainbow Bridge, just without its rainbow (after 9:00...)

Erm, 'busy' freeway by night

Colours, for another day

At least I have another chance to get the colourful wheel...before they pull it down.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

Today, day 13, brought to you (just) by the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens.