Friday 7 January 2022

Blue skies...

 ...and a few more snow pics (7/365, 7 Jan 2022)

The snow stopped falling not long after I returned home and settled in for the evening. Of course, as I've come to understand, fallen snow melts, in the middle of the night, with the regularity of a dripping tap. There is also the sound of cars driving by through the snow as well. By the time the sun started to rise, snow was falling...in large chunks, from overhead wires, from branches, from rooftops...

And as the morning news presenters reminded us Tokyoites, walk very carefully, for the melting snow turns to ice (black ice in some places) and slips and falls increase. Walk like a penguin, is the usual advice. (Imagine...) So the day after a snowfall needs more caution than walking through a snowfall (to take pics, apparently). 

Thus, with all the caution required of me, off I went early this morning to look at the snow as it melted in the park, off branches, all around. Still as breathtaking as yesterday. 


The early morning light on the branches

High wire act

Melts

How does it stick there?








Where the melted snowdrops land...




No sitting here for a while

Our little community garden feeling a little snowed under

Like patterns in the sand of my more familiar, but snow



Selfie, old school 


Fragile, close-up


I was actually on the way to the shop to buy (all) the papers to read up on the coverage of the signing of an agreement between Japan and Australia. I walked in the shop and turned into the aisle where the wonderful woman I spoke with yesterday was filling the shelves. She saw me and burst into a spontaneous chuckle recalling our conversation. It was such a joy to share the moment all over again. She enjoyed it so much, she told her colleague who wasn't on yesterday's shift. 'You know, little kids were really excited yesterday' she said. 'Little old kids like me you mean?' I asked. 'Yes, nooo, I mean...' she laughed again. 

I left the shop with a cheerio from behind to take care walking back. 

Today's pics using the Canon EOS 90D, a few on the 100-300mm, and most on the 24-105mm. Snow, in bright sunlight, is quite tricky to photograph, as it turns out.