Saturday 15 January 2022

There was a gorgeous sunset but...

 ...I just missed it... (14/365, 14 Jan 2022)

...because the best-laid plans, again.

Look, I don't want this to become a familiar story but, it just might. A bit of a different day today, no classes so that those who must can set up the campus for Sunday's national entrance exams. No classes so no campus one would think, yes. But no. After an early online meeting, I went in anyway because there is always stuff to do.

And today's plan was to therefore take that 'walk' around 4:30pm to catch the sun setting behind the buildings. On a fine day in winter, you can get some spectacular colours. But alas, that wasn't to be today as I watched the sun set through the windows at the end of the corridor as we were having a meeting. Yes, people learnt I was 'in' so 'we need to discuss...'

And it was, a spectacular sunset. But you'll have to take my word for it and hope for another day.

So as it happened, I ended up doing yesterday on reverse. Yesterday was Ariake to Odaiba, turn right as you look out my office window if you will. Today I went left, to the station I usually use to commute home, through the precinct that was home to (or supposed to be) Olympic events--media, publicity etc, not sporting events. 

Tonight, it was also dark. Oh well, there are going to be days like these, after all. 

Japan is well known for having vending machines with odd things in them. Not these one, they are just like 95% of machines which dispense ... drinks. Some are hot in winter though, which has always impressed me, from my days as a student. 

The Panasonic showroom, which always has something interesting on indoors.

Tokyo Big Sight (don't quibble, that's the spelling, not 'site'), a large convention centre that hosted the International Media Centre during the Games. 

One of the few Olympic 'decorations' that remain. 'Hana', meaning flowers


Today, using the Canon EOS M5 again, same lens, the 18-150mm. Tomorrow will be different. It has to be, it is Saturday...