Tuesday 15 March 2022

A floral community...

... a community of flowers... (74/365, 15 Mar 2022) 

Flowers. What's not to like. I think I have previously mentioned the ways in which the neighbours in my street share cuttings and grow flowers, small trees, veges and the like in pots in the front of their houses. It is lovely to walk past each day. It is always a talking point with them, especially the woman who grows bougainvillea in a pot, and takes it inside during the colder months. She has been growing it for over twenty years apparently. I would also grow more if I could, if I were here more permanently. Oh, wait...

When I moved here, I was keen to visit what I thought was a nursery (as in garden shop) just around the corner. Turned out, it was more a wholesale/commercial supply operation than your walk-in nursery. Then late last year, they started selling punnets of vege seedlings, plants in little pots and a range of lovely homewares. This was exciting I thought. I bought a few things along the way and then just into the new year they closed up! Turned out, that was only for renovations. Quite extensive renovations. They re-opened this week. And as I was walking to the shops this morning, I noticed that they had also replenished the roadside planter gardens. Now these are, I think, part of an apartment complex, that may or may not have some direct connection with the nursery, but in the Spring sun, temps hitting the mid-20s, and blue skies, the flowers were just stunning. 








On the way back from the shops, I noticed the moon was up, on its way to this month's full moon status. Lovely to see it in the blue sky too. 



Flower pics, via the iPhone 12, mini; moon pic through the 100-400mm lens, at 400mm, attached to the Canon EOS 90D (taken around 4:25pm Tokyo time).