Saturday 19 March 2022

Pigeon pairs...

 ... further signs of suburban spring ... (78/365, 19 Mar 2022)

I have an airconditioning unit outside my room, on the balcony. It's a small unit, attached to a small balcony overhang, fairly typical in Tokyo neighborhoods. (And when I say 'balcony', it is a space outside the apartment, but I'm not about to invite friends to brunch-sized space. Enough to put up a clothes horse and store my bike. It also has an escape shute in case of emergency exits required by things like Wednesday's earthquake...but I digress.)

So over the last little while, I've noticed a pigeon perching, or rather, squeezing itself in between the top of the unit and the, shall we say the ceiling, the balcony above, space. It must be a tight fit, our neighbourhood pigeons are, shall we say, well-fed.

The coo-ing caught my attention this morning. First one, then another on the telegraph wires outside and then both, somehow, squeezed into the aircon-balcony gap. So many wide open spaces to make their nests...and yet...

Who you looking at?

Checking things from this angle

How quickly can you run along the wires

(although I have wings...I don't always use them)


Anyway, I'm not sure if they are making permanent arrangements or just checking out the real estate. If the former, I guess we'll have some interesting pictorials to discuss in coming weeks. Let's see.

One of those days, I basically had to stay in to await a midday seminar and then the rain. And wind. Oh, and a bit of thunder and lightning. We had it all here today. Hopefully I'll get out tomorrow.  I've spied a secondhand book sale/fair/festival...this could be dangerous. But then, I have to limit myself to what I can carry on the train, right...

Today's cam the Canon EOS 90D, 100-300mm lens at 300mm.