Saturday 19 March 2022

Back to winter...

... and rain ... (77/365, 18 Mar 2022)

Yesterday, fortunately was good weather for a graduation. Today, unfortunately and for those whose ceremonies are today, it is back to winter temps and rain. In non-Covid years, I participate in all the ceremonies as Dean of International Relations; in Covid times we are limited to attending our own Faculty/Department. Which, frankly today, I didn't mind. A day at home, on a cold rainy day, what could possibly go wrong. Well, not too much really, though the mountain of email remains a mountain (no matter how much time I spend chipping away at it; I guess it is like what they say about the Sydney Harbour Bridge, you just finish painting it in time to ... go back and start again; emails, they never end). 

And I had to step out at some point to go and do the shopping. Which I did, timed to beat the rain, according to the forecast. Which, I almost did, with just a light misty kind of rainy shower as I turned the corner on the final leg home.

And so it came to be about noticing the rain mostly, and I wish I could photograph the cold, the actual cold... it was a real throwback to winter today.

A marker stone near the station recording the division of Akatsuka.
It is currently fenced-off but I hope to get a closer view to read the detail one day 

Bringing the sakura indoors
(perfectly legal branch purchased from the florist, common at this time of year;
I did not break it off a nearby tree)


Raindrops

If you look closely, you can see the buds


But, the buds of the cherry blossoms are all around, next week, we will forget this cold and rainy day and embrace the pink petals which will be all around. 

Close-up pics on the iPhone 12 mini; the branches across the road in the park on the Canon EOS 90D, 100-300mm lens, at 300mm.