Wednesday 2 March 2022

Just wait a little...

 ... the shot will come ... (61/365, 2 Mar 2022)

Today was panning out a bit like yesterday...meetings, just enough time to pop down the shop to get the paper, back to the screen, night falling, rain clouds gathering... I had even imagined today's photo trek might involve some more night time shots around the neighbourhood. I do need to practice those more. 

And then, as it often does, it happened quite suddenly. As I returned from the shop, the tree out the back, or the front of the apartment, depending on your perspective, happened to be hosting a number of birds, more than usual. Quickly, into the apartment, to the camera cupboard and back with shutter poised. 

And they stayed, and then they were joined by an additional flock. Bargain. 

So, it turns out that the first group, which I see often, it is about time I looked them up, are called 'mukudori', a kind of starling. They happen to be related, apparently, to the group that joined them, the sparrows. All feels a bit Westside Story to be honest.



Just hangin'

Boom! The sparrows arrive

Some...coexistence?

This is working

Maybe 

We're done here. Cheep.


Look, they're not the rainbow lorikeets of my home backyard, but I've come to appreciate the birds, of any feather, and not just for photographic purposes. 

Today I grabbed the Canon EOS 90D, with the 70-300mm lens, ready to go, luckily in this case.  

War continues, flooding continues, Covid continues...in this context a photo diary seems a bit of an extravagance I realise, but may peace eventually reign.