Friday 25 March 2022

The life cycle of a flower...

 ...poppies to be precise... (82/365, 23 Mar 2022)

Living without a backyard, or front yard, or any garden space at all, can sometimes be a bit challenging. I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination but I like to dabble. The other thing I'd like to be able to do is draw, in a photorealism style. I can't. Therefore, I take photos and sometimes with those photos I try to be a bit arty and when it comes to taking photos of flowers...well, it is kind of the Venn diagram of wish fulfillment. 

Today is a bit of a departure from the strict 'photos taken today' rule because I wanted to observe the life cycle of the poppy. I am entranced by the way they start out tightly encased, which slowly opens to reveal the petals which last for a day or two and then, fall. But even when they fall, the petals themselves become objects of beauty.

So while I have a small balcony which can accommodate a couple of pot plants, it will be the flowers inside that bring joy every day. 

Maybe one day I'll pick up those art pencils again. 









These pics taken over a week, just as the poppies did their thing. Back to normal programming tomorrow.

All taken with the iPhone 12 mini.