Monday 7 March 2022

Mt Fuji, Fujisan...

 ... on a very fast train ... (a special 65a/365 post, 6 Mar 2022)

Since this blog is a general photo blog as well as a project365 journal, I thought I'd just show a little 'behind the scenes' shots of taking pics of Mt Fuji when travelling on the Shinkansen. I have learnt, in the past, don't *wait* for the perfect shot. When the mount comes into view, just shoot...

The thing is, the speed of the train can be a bit deceptive. Yes, you are a sufficient distance away from Mt Fuji for it to look all glorious (weather permitting, it has to be said most times I've been past it has been shrouded in heat haze or cloud) but what you can't see is that close up all the urban infrastructure, buildings, telegraph poles, the soundproof walls, the whizzing past stations...all the things that can actually 'get in the way'.

Here are the shots I took in the space of three minutes. I just kept shooting not knowing whether or not I'd get a clear shot...








Did not see that coming...












And out of these shots, you can choose your favourite.  This was the Canon EOS 90D with the 24-105mm lens, mostly at 60mm or 70mm, shutter speed at 1/1000 and ISO 400. Through the train window.

And finally, just a couple that I edited for colour and contrast...not much, I limit my post-editing to what might be done in a darkroom, from the old film days, I'm a bit ye olde school like that.