Thursday 3 March 2022

At the end of the day...

 ... will it be my last entrance exam supervision? ... (62/365, 3 Mar 2022)

I have written previously about days spent supervising entrance exams. It will warrant a chapter one day in a book about Japanese academia from an Australian perspective. Today was the 'last chance' exam day for students. The new academic year starts on 1 April, we are now in March and so this is getting very close to the end. In my role as Chair of the Department for the last three years, I have had to attend each session. I've lost count how many that has been. We are there as part of a 'committee' and have to act in the event anything goes awry. For other members of the department(s) they take turns at invigilating the actual exams, but they don't have to attend all of them. We do get a nice bento box lunch though.

So as my time as Chair winds down, I can look forward to getting my weekends back (although the plan is to actually get home... sometime). 

So as the day came to an end, I went to my happy place (one of), the water area down below the uni. Our blog has been there before, and as the sun was setting, and the ducks settling, I tried to see what I could see. 

The sun setting, no edits

Ducks on the surface

Flying home

No edits, but if I could paint, this is what I'd like to imagine I could do



Peeking, part A

Peeking, part B

Last light


Sometimes, the water reflections end up looking like something like I would like to paint, if I could paint. But I can't, which is why I take photos instead. 

I could have stayed in the office longer and done some more work...but a walk and a water view were required. Time to think and reflect (literally in some shots) about all that is going on. Still.

Walked with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm this evening and took a winding 'road' home, the longest of the three or four public transport options I am lucky enough to have to choose from.