Saturday 19 March 2022

A small distraction ...

 ... a large strawberry... (75/365, 16 Mar 2022)

Some days, this post author just goes from A to B to Z with barely a pause. Today was one such day. And I think that kind of life many of us are leading or living, or trying to live, was part of the inspiration behind the whole #project365 project, in our A to Z and beyond lives, take a moment, just a moment each day to pause, on something, anything be it an object, a thought, a scene...snap a photo and write, or not.

Over the years, my project365 has developed into a cross between the 'photo a day' objective and a daily diary with pics and a kind of photographic practice and/or practise journal. Some years, I have chosen one month to limit myself to the one-pic-a-day challenge, other times, I find that I find too many interesting pics in one day, one moment even, to limit myself to just one (as you will well know dear reader).

Today is a 'one pic' day. A day of meetings from morning to evening, rounded out with the now very familiar international online seminar/workshop. That's a long day at the desk. So today's pic is one I snapped in between changing channels or Zoom links, as we now do.

It was lunch, a part thereof...



But it is a chance to wax lyrical about Japanese strawberries and how, despite their size (that five yen piece is about the size of an Australian 2 cent piece--for those of a certain age-- or just a tad smaller than a 10 cent piece) they retain their flavour, contrary to the Australian experience, which has in turn encouraged people to grow their own strawbs, in search of taste. 

Strawberry season here does go on for a little while here and there is still a little way to go. This one was purchased at a convenience store, as part of my supplies, on my way to the office to spend the day in front of a screen. It was a significant moment in the day.

Snapped on the iPhone 12 mini, then eaten. All the flavour.