Friday 29 April 2022

A day at the (home) office...

 ...didn't get far ... (117/365, 27 Apr 2022)

A day that started with a meeting online and finished with an international meeting online, rain in between, and a concerted effort by me to get back into a research/writing groove between meetings. 

I didn't really get a chance to go out. And by the end of the day/evening, I just looked around and wondered 'how did I get here?' When I moved to this small apartment, it was only going to be for two years, before going home. The apartment search had basically two criteria: not too big because I'll be spending most of the time at the office/work; and two, enough room for a sofa bed because family were going to visit for the Olympics. Well, we know what happened there don't we. 

So this table I work on, am working on now, was not intended as a desk but mostly dining, and maybe a place to do some reading or writing, hobbies...you know, in that multifunctional way of the family dining table.

Well the dining table has become a desk of sorts, I spend much of my time here and even though we are largely moving back to the campus, all the books and resources I've brought home over the last two years have to find their way back to the office too. That wasn't in the plan either, the couple of small bookshelves I installed were just going to house my novel collection. 

So, at the end of the long day, I was about to shut down the laptop, my spirit guide for this year, snapped at the Tokyo Daibutsu during the January snowfall, stared at me and I reflected back, and I looked at the oddments around and I wondered 'how did I get here?'...

Yeah, I know how you feel

This has been a feature of my life for the past two years

Research notes


Snapped with the iPhone 12 mini.