Sunday 3 April 2022

The party's almost over...

 ... but wait, there's more ... (92/365, 2 Apr 2022)

Yes, for after the sakura come the tulips, then the azaleas and rhododendrons (I've learnt there is a difference) and on it goes. Actually, it never really ends, there is always something flowering or getting ready to flower. 

Today I had a bit of a mission to head to one of my favourite little craft and goods shops for a visit (and, to buy a vest...) and I packed the cam as well. But first, the sakura in the local park finally blossomed so I went very local. 

It is lovely to think these trees are in the neighbourhood, and I can see them from my balcony. A couple of years ago, the council came along and cut them right back, and I know why they do that, but I don't think they've recovered to where they were when I first moved here. 





Not the usual crisp blue skies this year



This was in Awajicho, near the shop. I liked the way the colours of
the tree kind of matched the wall of the building 

And the sign below it asking us to not throw rubbish here and
help keep the city and environment beautiful, oh, and tulips


We are expecting a lot of rain over the next couple of days so I think this might really be the last of the sakura in the city...I'll have to make the trek north to follow their bloomage. 

Today travelling with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens. So, what is next?