Wednesday 6 April 2022

I was ready to give up the sakura...

 ... but the sakura were not ready to give up... (96/365, 6 Apr 2022)

...just yet. I think this spot would also qualify as a very uncrowded sakura viewing spot, it is the walk to work--a footpath between a building and a main road, it is just a block over from the tulipful promenade. When the sakura is in full bloom, it is like my own private arbor. Today, as I approached the path, on the walk to work, I really expected the blossoms to have fallen, it is a bit of a wind tunnel, there was the rain, it is by a main road which is used by heavy transport moving in and out of the ports. But in fact, as I approached, what struck me as I looked more closely, was the intense pinks that these trees displayed, really pink. 

Have a look...

In addition to the sakura, the path is lined with camellia bushes as well...and they too are in various stages of bloomage. 



















It is quite a nice way to walk to work, uncrowded, a bit noisy granted, but a kind of urban solitude, a few hundred metres to think about the day ahead.

Today, walking to work with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens, which came in handy for that sakura and moss shot.