Saturday 9 April 2022

Time to retire...

 ... the bouquet (my turn will come)...(97/365, 7 Apr 2022)

I am grateful for the advent of Zoom meetings, I have to say. Classes, not so much, but meetings? Perfect. Sometimes, there are meetings where you just don't want to be in the same room as negative people. Today was one of those days. For a brief moment this morning, I thought about travelling all the way into the office to do some work while waiting for the meeting to start...I could take more pics of the tulips perhaps. Or, I could stay home and have some active thinking time, important time as I try to readjust to research life. (I'm still floating on the realisation that my email inbox has decreased by 70% this past week and I actually have 'time').

What, dear reader, under these circumstances, would you do?

Not difficult really. I opted for the latter. 

There was some reading, some thinking, some rest and recovery. And some tidying up. It was finally time to retire some flowers I bought a few weeks ago. I probably hold onto flowers for a bit longer than most because I am, photographically-speaking, intrigued with the way they slowly wither, but in doing so, show another side of their beauty. I started with photographing roses many years ago, from bud to bloom to scattered petals, but I've developed an interest in other flowers too.








No, this is not research, just part of the long road of rest and recovery. And just observing small moments in the day, and the sometimes enigmatic beauty of age.

The meeting happened. I'm glad I stayed home.

Today using the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens. And my trusty, all-purpose black lacquer imitation tray.