Friday 22 April 2022

Week one (and one day) draws to an end...

 ... take the (slightly) longer way home ... (112/365, 22 Apr 2022)

With a late finish last night and an early start with the first years this morning, by the time the afternoon rolls around on a Friday, one feels the...shall we say, tiredness. I might be getting too old for this gig after all. 

And now with the added joy and freedom of not being Chair of the Department, I can find myself on Friday afternoons wondering 'how did I get here?'. In other words, I could leave a bit earlier if I wanted to because there were no emails to answer. (I do keep checking that my inbox hasn't broken by the way...)

There was still a bit of light left when I decided to call it a day in the office, but really only because I had to get home to prepare for two further online seminars, one at 7:00pm and one tomorrow morning at 2:00am, live from New York. 

I have previously mentioned, I think, that I am fortunate to have a few options when it comes to finding my way home. There is a 'mostly used' path, but sometimes I can vary it a bit and today was one of those days. Leaving the uni and heading west instead of east means I can can my usual train from the next station, and at the same time cross the 'Big Bridge of Dreams', over into Odaiba and take a few 'urbanscapes'. 

So I did. 



This structure intrigues

At the start of the bridge...

Skyline...


Just passing through

The other end of the bridge

A few late bloomers 


Through the trees...

So what do you reckon this is all about then, eh?



Some light refreshment (late lunch/early dinner version)



Cheers! It is Friday

The ferris wheel only has a few months left...I still haven't ridden it. Maybe I'll set aside some time one Friday arvo in the future.

Pics today on the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm. (Food via iPhone 12 mini) I think the sparrows won the day. 😀