Wednesday 27 April 2022

An incidental snap or two...

... on the way to bigger things... (114/365, 24 Apr 2022)

Yesterday's forecast for today was pretty well on the mark...rain for much of the day, one of those days you would rather do, well, not much really. And so it was, for much of the day. Certainly a good day for thinking and writing, perhaps resting along the way.

Around the time when one's mind turns to 'what should I have for late lunch/early dinner' (as is my habit), I thought that, since it is raining, it might be nice to hop on the bus and pop down to the little establishment come restaurant come 'oh, have I accidentally dropped into your lounge room' eatery down near Takashimadaira Station. I haven't been there for a few weeks because, in one instance, rain and another time was uni work-related things if I recall correctly, perhaps an extended one-day trip somewhere...

I thought initially that being a rainy evening, not many people would be there and as we emerge from Covid-restrictions (not entirely here, I hasten to add), it must be hard for lovely little establishments like this one to stay above the high water mark. (Have my mentioned their main speciality is lamb...actual lamb dishes which, on a Sunday night, always seem, shall we say,  just right.)

Anyway, before we get to the main story, let's look at those pics that ended up being incidental to the evening. You see, while waiting for the bus, I was going to write a story about these lovely little community vegetables patches you find around the place, a sort of collective if you like, where everyone tends their own little patch for the greater good. Quite an institution as it happens (and I gather a decent tax break for the landholder, but that might just be an urban myth). But that will have to hold for another day.




It is a great community, idea, there is a story to be told, just not today

Waiting for the bus

The night watch moth in the foyer


You see, once I arrived at said establishment, there were hardly any seats available, but being a 'new' regular, room was made for me. On the way home, I told the story on the tweets, and it went something like this...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you might recall I came across a little establishment a few weeks ago, just a short bus trip from home, whereupon I thought I might have stumbled into some obscure religious cult, but they turned out to be fine and it was just like being invited into someone’s house. Yes? 1/5

 

And with today being a rainy day, and needing to get out of the house, I hopped on a bus thinking, ‘rainy day, it must be hard for small places on days like this’. So off I went. 2/5 #tokyolyf

 

Well, concerns unfounded. It was quite busy with people of a certain age, all enjoying themselves on a rainy Sunday eve. I may or may not heard all sorts of stories about people’s various relationships (too much info) and may, or may not, have been roped into my first … 3/5

 

…(ready?)… my first karaoke appearance in over thirty years. As for the details, I’m sorry but what happens in little establishments stays in little establishments. Suffice to say, the insights one gains into life and the meaning of the universe are priceless. 4/5 #tokyolyf

 

Will I return? Of course. I’m booked to sing one of their favourite songs in English. It will be Sinatra or Presley, I’ll bet, though I have been known to rip California Dreamin’ to mild acclaim. 5/5 #tokyolytoo much fun sometimes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The pics,  for what they are worth, were taken on the iPhone 12 mini, but today was not really a story about the pictures now, was it.