Wednesday 27 April 2022

I can put it off no longer...

...time for the azaleas... (115/365, 25 Apr 2022)

I am sometimes concerned that this blog is accidentally a blog about flowers and I don't really want to bore you, dear reader. I mean, how many flowers can you bear? But it is springtime in Japan, and so...well, flowers. 

The blossoms are the big event. Plums, then cherries, they come and the go. Then the camellias come on. In recent times, tulips bob up but now is the time of azaleas and rhododendrons. Pinks, whites, reds...and like flowers everywhere, there are popular crowded places and not so crowded places. 

The hedges along the road where I walk to the campus has just come into flower this past week. They are a bit scruffy, but endearing. They are not neatly manicured like the crowd-attracting hedges across town at Nezu for example, but they give us lots to admire and look at. Sometimes it is just about the light and shade... 












And during the day, the view from the office, particularly the cloud over the port, just, I don't know, for no real reason, just looked quite interesting.

Today's pics with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens attached.