Monday 18 April 2022

A hop, skip and a jump...

 ...(or two buses) to the green campus... (108/365, 18 Apr 2022)

A rare day where no meetings or classes were scheduled, but rain was forecast for much of the day. But being the time of semester it is, there are always classes to prepare for, especially since it is still early on. However, given that two colleagues had returned from parental leave over at the other campus, I thought today might also be a good day to use the time and visit. 

I've been there recently, for graduation, but otherwise, we don't have classes scheduled there anymore, so I don't go there often (enough). Getting there can be an adventure in itself. I can catch a bus from my local station to the station near the campus, and then another bus. Two bus trips, and depending on the traffic it can take about an hour and a half. It has the convenience of no transfers compared with the usual train route which would require a minimum of two transfers and no guarantee of a seat. On the bus I do get to sit from take-off.

We become terribly transport-obsessed in Tokyo, particularly when public transport is the main option.

I reached campus, greeted the colleagues and then made my way back. Yes, it was really just about that, and I managed to avoid the rain on the way... For the return trip, I decided to try out a slightly different route I have discovered as part of my occasional excursions around the place. It was half the travelling time but...double the costs...hmm. I'll have to think about that. (It was a pleasant enough alternative though, should the mood take me.)

It was going to be a case of avoid the rain today so the pics extend only as far as what I saw on campus. This campus we call the 'green' campus (the port side being 'blue') because it has quite lovely gardens. Which it does. But I will always take the water over the land, every time. 

These yellow flowers stood out on an otherwise bleak day (weatherwise)







Waiting for a train...


Luckily, I dodged the rain all the way home. Now, prep is full-on as the new semester continues, tomorrow a class I've been forced to teach, again, against all my good instincts ... but sometimes we just don't have a choice, do we. 

Today using the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm.