Monday 30 May 2022

Summer has arrived...

... in spring ... (149/365, 29 May 2022)

Well, ok, the end days of Spring but nonetheless, all of Tokyo was alarmed to learn that today's temperature was going to top 30degC, likely to get to around 33deg. And indeed it did, with a notification on the phone popping up just before midday to let us know. 

I also had plans to go down the track a little to Oyama, to see a movie but...some troubles with the lock on the front door put paid to that idea. So, a day indoors it was to be for me. 

Well, except for a brief moment when I stepped out to buy the paper. My apartment being situated where it is, I kind of didn't have too much concern about going out for ten minutes without being able to lock the door properly. Seriously. It sounds like the Australia my grandparents grew up in telling us how easy it was to leave the doors unlocked...indeed, if you had locks on the doors. 

So my sort of planned trip to one of my early Tokyo haunts, not far from where I was going to see the movie, will have to happen another time.

Meanwhile, the kids made good use of the water bubbler in the park, it seems they like to fill and then explode balloons on the bubbler...the environmentalist in me is not terribly impressed. But, kids, hot day, neighborhood, suburban, Tokyo...

You'll also note, the trees now have lush foliage, which helped to cool the day down a bit.





Luckily I have a day to work at home tomorrow, hopefully an opportunity to get the door lock looked at... let's see. 

Today, the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens.