Thursday 5 May 2022

The holidays continue but it is off to campus...

 ...for a boost ... (120/365, 30 Apr 2022)

Been waiting for this day for a while, well six months I suppose. Just like the injections last year, the University received approval to administer the Covid booster, and right on Golden Week, the clinic opened. (Conveniently timed I suppose should one need timeout.) 

Had my cam with me of course because the western campus is always a floral explosion at this time of year. Or so I planned. As it happens, I came in on a different bus and noticed something I've not noticed before (perhaps it was holiday mode, I was looking out the bus window rather than head buried in the usual class or meeting prep) and again, how is it these things take six years or more to realise? 

Anyway, at the uni entrance, is a water feature, what we might call a creek at home. I've walked past that countless times. I suppose in my sub-conscience I realised it went somewhere, I've just never followed up. Blame time constraints on those meetings or classes. But coming in from the other direction today, I discovered where it goes, dear reader, and that is today's story. (Narrator: it never occurred to you to look at a map? No, but I will from now on.)

I often talk about the parks and greenery in Tokyo, the fact you can, in the right spot, find yourself all alone in a big city. Today's greenery, sprawls out in the middle of a double thoroughfare, a major transport artery. After the mandatory 15 minute wait (so far so good), I walked past the return bus back to the station, (there'll be another one) headed a little further along to a pedestrian crossing, and stepped into an enchanted garden and creek, of sorts, complete with koi. 


'Senkawa', I think this is quite close to my neck of the woods, I must look at a map





















Mostly cars race past, cyclists mostly ride through but really, I reckon if I lived near here, I'd be walking through every day.

Eventually, I decided t get on a bus to the station to catch another bus (via a bookshop) on the way home.

Today was with the hard-working Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm, on auto but I should probably do more manual work with this one. Lesson learnt.