Wednesday 11 May 2022

A day for a few chores but also ...

 ... preparations for a workshop... (131/365, 11 May 2022)

Some days, you just have to take a deep breath, and go and so the things you've been putting off. Today was sort of a day for that on the one hand but also, some pleasant tasks as well as I prepare for a trip to Hiroshima this weekend to join friends and colleagues in a sustainability workshop (check out Joy Walsh, @ jjwalsh on twitter, for all her excellent work). 

I had to go to do some bank-related errands and, not unlike Australia, a lot of bank branches have been closed or consolidated. Where once I could go to Ikebukuro to visit any one of six or so branches, they've all been consolidated into one. Oh well, on the bright side, confirming the location on the map, I noticed that the 'branch' backed onto a park I have been meaning to visit for a long time. Two birds, one stone as they say.

Banking done, shinkansen tickets purchased, I headed to the park, cam in hand. It was lunchtime. This is a park where people bring their lunch, to sit on the rather large expanse of lawn, bang in the middle of this part of town and basically enjoy the sun. It was quite lovely, but, in this day and age of respecting people's privacy, not a photographic expedition. Another day perhaps. 

Wanting to take a few little things with me to Hiroshima, next stop was my favourite little shop, kanda_chonko (on insta), because they have all the lovely little things. Anyway, I've promised some Hiroshima-style chips to bring back. 

So errands complete, I was planning to head to the office to prepare tomorrow's classes but I had (yet again) another lovely chat with the proprietors and really, if you can't pause your day to have a chat with lovely people, then what does it all mean? There is still time for the classes. 

As I walked out, deciding which direction to catch the train, the sky won...blue skies, fluffy clouds and a hint (well, bit more than a hint) of moon.


Calming, like the water when you can't see the ocean



Rare chance to capture the moon and the clouds around 4:30pm


We are halfway through another month already. 

Today's cam the Canon EOS 90D, 70-300mm lens, when I got home.

(Check my insta account for this week's kanda-chonko special...)