Thursday 5 May 2022

A little stroll through the backstreets...

... of my favorite little crafts shop ... (124/365, 4 May 2022) 

If you follow me on Insta (@psephyspix) you will know I have discovered this most exquisite little shop (via that Saturday morning program where people ride a train line and make 'random, unplanned' stops along the way), which I thought would be a wonderful little one-stop shop for all those little keepsakes to take home for friends and family, eventually. 

It turns out, as these stories often do, that it is much much more. It is handcrafts, it is antiques, it is one-off clothing items, bags, jewelry (also handmade by the owners), just all sorts of things. The collecting focus is Edo (ye olde Tokyo)-themed and very much of its area, a rather famous neighbourhood of eateries that go back to the 18th century. The owners and I have bonded these last few months over conversation, purchases and...potato chips ! Just a few of our favourite things. 

After today's visit, (and feeling much better now thank you) I decided to walk around the streets to pick up on the atmosphere. I could spend a lot of time here.

Right behind the shop




















From an era when script was written right to left


A couple of months ago, this was a cherry blossom in full bloom blending into the wall behind

Under this sign, was a a long line of customers waiting to get in



And today was also a deliberate photography exercise. I chose my 18-55mm lens on the Canon EOS 90D. I remember when I first started out with SLR photography, before zoom lenses were more readily available, the 50mm was the standard (still is for many), close to the 'eye view', the most 'professional, and realistic'. Well I hadn't taken this small lens out for a while, and given the narrow backstreets, I figured it would give me a bit of that needed width. I'll be back. It was a good challenge. I should take myself on like this more often. 

~~As always, please respect the copyright and artistic rights of the the photographer. 

           Just ask ~~ Thank you.