Sunday 8 May 2022

It is the little things...

 ... on the way to the shops... (127/365, 7 May 2022)

A little bit of a 'rest' day today, of sorts; sometimes getting up at 2:00am for a New York seminar will do that to you. The next two weekends will be busy too--Hiroshima and then the Ikebukuro Jazz Festival...not to be missed. 

And as well as waiting for another call, much of the day was spent in catch-up mode--a look at the newspapers, planning a couple of articles (nice that I have the time to do so, rehearsal for my (soon-to-be?) post-teaching life). 

Anyway, there was a brief moment where I stepped out to the shops, and I always take the phone or cam with me, even just to go and buy the paper...you never know what you will see.

I am rather unskilled at differentiating between flowers and weeds...each have their own merits do they not? Such was today's 'back to basics' project. You have to be quick to capture the 'weeds' in this little park, the gardeners come once a week and anything out of place, well, it won't be there the next day.

So, for the gardeners...




Not in the park, but my balcony...I grew them myself (?!)


And a variation on the theme.

All pics via the iPhone 12 mini.