Thursday 30 June 2022

Another long day at the office...

... in the classroom, and beyond... (181/365, 30 Jun 2022) 

But let's face it, that's every day at the moment, or so it seems. They start early, with the birds chirping--they really do chirp at the *crack* of dawn, and I'm basically awake to see it (and hear them). Not that I mind, I do like the dawn chorus.

But yes, a fairly intense teaching and meeting schedule. And again, meetings after classes tonight meant not leaving campus until about 8:30pm. I thought about going down to the water but then I thought, maybe I could look at it from above, from the bridge. So I headed there.

The angle and lighting was such that, in fact, I couldn't see very much at all. I took a couple of pics of the wheel given its days are numbered...and it seems to be putting on a very special light display for its last days. (I must remember to ride it, soon.)

Then for some reason, looking at the lights, I remembered a somewhat silly but fun technique from a nighttime photography class I did many moons ago. Just drag the zoom...



A straight pic...





Bokeh...


Well, that was fun. I must try harder. Hehe.

And here we are, at the end of June, the end of the financial year at home, a new month here tomorrow. I've never quite been able to work out the half-way point of the # project365, but it is getting close (much easier when it is # project366).

Today's muck around was with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens (and *all* the mm in between).