Sunday 19 June 2022

An early start, accidentally...

... but it is a conference weekend... (169/365, 18 Jun 2022)

...with a difference. I'm not sure whether Covid-conferences are a good thing or not. I should be in Kobe this morning for the annual conference for The Australian Studies Association. It seemed a long way to go when a number of the key speakers were going to be speaking 'online' anyway, so I took the 'watch it at home' online conference option. There were related pics on my twitter account. I went full-on conference prep with morning teas and refreshments, lunch and so on.

I was up early, very early, I didn't intend to be and indeed at this hour I could have caught the early train to the venue. But I didn't. Instead, I grabbed the cam to snap the awesome colors of the sunrise, and a view of the moon hiding behind some clouds. 

Morning with telegraph wires

Hazy start


Day one proceeded ok, my decision to view the conference from the comfort of my home desk vindicated by the end of the day. Day two tomorrow.

Snapped with the Canon EOS 90D, 70-300mm lens.