Monday 27 June 2022

Where online is the new normal...

 ... but there's always a window of opportunity... (176/365, 25 Jun 2022)

Last weekend involved two days indoors following an academic conference in the online mode. We've become used to it and indeed, as conferences go, they do have their advantages. While those who prefer face-to-face mode for conference will extol the 'corridor' chats or conversations over the bar, I've never been quite one of those people. Although I used to attend four or five conferences a year, I really don't mind if I don't attend in person again. 

This weekend was another online event, which I was a tad disappointed to learn was that, rather than in person. You see, it was a reading of a work by Mayu Kanamori, early Australia-Japan relations, the development of which I've been following quite closely over the years. (You might recall, back in March, I made a trip to Osaka to see Mayu's exhibition.) It was happening 'just down road, as the train line goes', so it was convenient. As a regular theatre and concert goer (though not of late) I was looking forward to getting back into the theatre. Anyway, online it was. And a very good program it was too. 

It went longer than I expected so by the end of the day, it was time to turn my attention to today's pics. Just in time, one of the locals turned up as I stepped outside to take in the view from the balcony. It had been a rather hot day so quite lucky really that it was a day of work indoors...



Chirpy little bird

And away...


Thank goodness for the neighbourhood birds.

These taken on the Canon EOS 90D, 70-300mm lens.