Sunday 26 June 2022

Well, that was a trip, unnecessary ...

 ... all the way to work and back... (171/365, 20 Jun 2022)

Started the morning in the usual way, morning tv news over breakfast, sift through resources for classes tomorrow, attend a meeting online but then, after all that, decide I need to go to the office to put the finishing touches to class notes for tomorrow. 

Bag packed, train pass in hand, mask, water bottle, all the essentials for the temperature is rising. Along the way, another of those moments where I thought, hmm, don't know how much longer I'll be doing this so let's capture some more mundane everyday life in Tokyo scenes (the ones that annoy people who expect us to be all doing cosplay singing karaoke all day) that one day, when I'm back home sitting on my back deck, I'll feel a little nostalgia. Today, the train trip into work, taken around Ikebukuro Station, which has been my main junction station for...well for most of my sojourns in Tokyo. Ridiculed by many, but you have to know it to love it. 

Anyway, it is here on this platform where I work and dream--work is platform one, and this, the Saikyo/Rinkai line; dream is platform two, the other side, behind me in these pics, where I can dream of the surf down Chigasaki way. Today, it is platform one...

The day started with a story on kangaroos and a youngster being asked
'what's cute about kangas?' 'Their knees' 

The view from platform 1






Self-portrait, on reflection


And, I get all the way to the office, only to find the all important USB is...not in my bag. I try to do some work, but, 'where is the USB?' is sufficient distraction to basically turn around after a reasonable interval to get back home and hope it is there...

Luckily, dear reader, it was, under a pile of resources I have been preparing earlier. Somewhat relieved. 

Today's pics snapped on the iPhone 12 mini.