Monday 27 June 2022

It is beginning to look a lot like...

 ...the 'new' normal, I think ... (175/365, 24 Jun 2022)

We've made it to Friday, somehow and yet it still feels tiring. The first full week of term 2, I know it only lasts seven weeks and I know teachers at schools have longer tougher days (not to mention frontline health workers) but it is going to be a tiring term (keeping in mind I wasn't expecting to be here, I think that is playing into things a bit). Today, at the end of the day though, I had an appointment to keep with friends to have 'drinks' at the end of the week...something we've all been out of practice with a bit I think. 

But before that there was a moment to have a bit of a walk down by portside. Here towards the end of June, we have had extraordinary high temperatures which is fuelling a bit of concern about what 'summer' is going to be like... today there has been quite a strong breeze as well which I have to say has offered some relief. The water too, today, looked a different colour from its usual blue, kind of brown. I was a bit interested to see what the water looked like close up. (Narrator: it was very brown)

Reminded me of a #GoMaroons stubbier holder





Windy enough to register 'waves'

The wasps are invading the cherry trees



A little later, it was off to a place just a couple stops up the rail line, Tsukijima, famous for the Tokyo version of the better known okonomiyaki, what we call monjayaki. Some people are rather unkind about its appearance but we like it nonetheless. 





The pics of the port, on the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens; the delightful monjayaki evening, on the iPhone 12 mini.