Wednesday 8 June 2022

The rain is here...

 ...but still a pretty picture ... (157/365, 6 Jun 2022)

Rainy season. It is here but actually, not quite as rainy as expected. Like yesterday, the morning forecast always starts out looking bleak but the rainy parts keep getting pushed back to later in the day. Not to worry, I planned a day at home to work anyway so for me, it was just a matter of deciding when to dodge the weather to head down to the shop, the local convenience store (about which I am writing a short essay for elsewhere) to get my daily requirements (mainly the newspaper(s) though). 

By about 5:30pm, I was ready for that walk but with an umbrella because at this time of day the rain was pretty steady. Not a lot to take but I did walk through the park where there is a rather majestic tree at the gate, and somehow the sheen of rainwater covering its trunk and roots just enhanced its looks today.






A few snaps then onto the shop to get the paper. Back home to continue the work that needs to be done, even in a rainy season.

Pics via the iPhone 12 mini.