Thursday 2 June 2022

Summer is here...

 ... although, 'seasons' seem to have lost their meaning... (152/365, 1 Jun 2022)

It is 1 June. How did we get here so quickly. And yet, we have already experienced temperatures beyond the usual summer average in this past week.

When I left the office today, I left with the very determined intention that for the month of June I would try a challenge within the #project365 challenge, to post one, just one photo each day. I was so determined, I left the EOS M5 in the office! I have done it previously in this project and I have to say, it is actually quite difficult. The ease with which we can take photos with a small do-everything device in our hands actually makes it a bigger challenge that you might imagine. I say that as someone who started photography in the old days, when a roll of film would max out at 36 frames (or 12 or 24), and the cost and wait for photos to be developed...a very different time. 

Anyway, I'm here to say, I have failed on day one. It is summer, the rainy season is almost upon us and...the hydrangeas are starting to bloom around the perimeter fence of the university. My memory of hydrangeas in my nan's garden is there was just one shape and colour...here in Tokyo (or perhaps it is time too) the colours, shapes and varieties are endless. Just wait...





The one-pic-a-day challenge will have to wait for another time...

Today, the iPhone mini 12.