Wednesday 15 June 2022

Another Sunday afternoon...

 ... another park, well same park, different light... (163/365, 12 Jun 2022)

After a few hectic days, I had to have a bit of a catch up rest day of sorts. Friday, which finished late, started extremely early (4:30am--it is when the sun comes up), and of course, being Friday night, flows into my virtual reading group at 2:00am on Saturday morning. By the time that was done, I was running on 23 and a half hours since I'd slept... Saturday, as we know, was a day on the hustings, so by Sunday, well, time for a rest. 

Except for that time of day when it comes to thinking about this blog. By the afternoon, I was feeling a bit refreshed, a bit ready to go...somewhere. 

I have introduced previously a local park by the river, a short bus ride away. Last time I went there was cherry blossom time, today, as the sun was setting later this evening, I thought I might as well take a look during summer. I was hoping for birds on the river (probably ducks) so I took the bigger lens along 'just in case'.

As a photographer (rank: amateur) I remain intrigued by the way light works through the lens (and occasional light editing). I guess it is partly why I like going back to the same places to see them, literally, in a different light. 

After the recent rains too, there was a different feel as well, lots of puddles, the formerly pink blossoms, long turned into rich green leaves, and a few people around as well. 


An almost full moon

Rare sighting in the fading light of a ring-collared parakeet, originally from South India,
now 'wild' in Tokyo











And ducks. Not many but just enough to make me pleased I took the big lens. 

Camera: Canon EOS 90D, 70-300mm lens. 

(These pics ended up loading in the 'reverse' order of which they were taken...I tried a few times to fix it but blogger was not cooperating today--proper order: start at the bottom and work up--apologies.)