Thursday 9 June 2022

Sometimes it is the mistakes...

 ...that make you learn something new ... (159/365, 8 Jun 2022)

Especially in photography. Some of my 'worst' photos over the years have come to be my favourites. Early this morning I heard a bit of an unusual bird sound, not a melodic tweeting, more your cockatoo-type cackling. I knew it couldn't possibly be a cockatoo but we have had parakeets around before so I grabbed the nearest cam to try and catch the action, as it were. 

It was a dull morning, a bit overcast and in my haste I didn't adjust the settings...they were gone as quickly as I could press the shutter button, and when I saw the one-and-only shot, I nearly deleted it. But when I looked again, there was something about it, something that captured the moment. Here it is.



And here is a slightly edited version, adjusting the light and colour.



I don't know about you, but I'm quite taken by the original, although it wouldn't win any prizes. I'm glad I didn't delete it. (Also glad I didn't delete it because as it turned out, it was the only shot I had a chance to shoot today...phew.)

Today, the 'nearest' cam, was the Canon EOS 90D, 70-300mm lens. Shot around 7:40am, which just goes to show what a bleak day to was (the sun rises about 4:30am these days).