Sunday 26 June 2022

The times, they are a'catching up with me...

... almost done ... (174/365, 23 Jun 2022) 

I have to say, that in the life of an election hunter, yesterday was pretty exciting--two PMs and a Governor, in one sitting, albeit rather longer than expected and in the rain. I certainly felt it this morning as I woke up and wondered for a moment 'am I getting too old for this' and 'why do I do this?'...

After an early online meeting it was off to campus, firstly for a meet and greet session with second years to talk about their seminar selections, and to my senior seminars where I was excited to tell them all about yesterday ... after all, students choose their seminar based on the professor's research interests...

Well, to say the students were underwhelmed would be an understatement. And the second question from this morning (see above) returned to mind. Oh well, I suppose I do this for now, for later there will be a book or three to be written. 

A bit of a full day then which meant that before I knew it, it was dark outside, time to head to the station but also 'no pics' yet for the day. Decided to walk down towards the working port I can see from my office to get a few pics. As I walked past the recently cleared building lot (they've knocked down a faux French village wedding palace themed place, for a TV studio, soon to be built) I noticed that it cleared the air for a view of the Trusty Hotel that I haven't seen before... pulled out the medium cam, the M5, only to find there was enough battery power for one shot...the bane of picsters everywhere. So, your challenge today, should you choose to accept, is that one of these pics is taken with the M5, the other on the iPhone 12... which is which?





It offered a view of the soon-to-be dismantled ferris wheel too that we don't usually see. 

I charged up the battery as soon as I got home.

One with the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm, two with the iphone 12 mini. Seriously, on a day I should have just given it all away.