Wednesday 15 June 2022

Portside's busy side...

 ... there is always something... (165/365, 14 Jun 2022)

Today was the last day of our between terms break, and of course, management has made sure our days are filled with things to distract us from what we should be doing: marking. This is of course both a good and a bad thing. 

There was a special presentation on today which we were asked to attend in person if possible. Well, I had other things to do on campus too so, why not head to there. Why not indeed, 

Actually, with this view, it is really not too hard to so. I could look out the window all day. Not that I do mind you.  But today being a rainy day, and reasonably confined to the office doing various things, I happened to notice over the day, there was a bit of movement among the smaller vessels that go about their day's work. 

The following pics were taken randomly over about four hours...







This, by the way, is the training ship, Nippon Maru, it comes and goes a few times over the year


I didn't sit there all day watching, only when I looked up from the screen, from time to time. But like watching the ocean all day at my grandmother's house many years ago, you learnt watch the ebb and flow... it is an important skill to have. For many daily scenarios. 

Today's cam, the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm, high up from the 10th floor.